Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This love and that Love

Yesterday was Valentine’s Day and while I focused on my amazing huSSband (that was for you Alli), in my soul I was celebrating my other Love.  Funny how they go together…this love and that Love. 
No card was needed.  I sat and waited in anticipation.  Waiting and asking for my heart and head to find the same resting place.  Waiting for the words to match my feelings.  And then they came.  I stood across from him and told him what his love has meant to me. 
It’s a love that I had never understood.  One that came without strings.  One that loved so unconditionally that it allowed me to be me. One whose consistency gave me a soft place to rest my head.  And, mostly one that opened the door so that I could catch a glimpse of the other Love in a much deeper way.  By his loving me I have loved Him more intimately.  He is a true reflection.  He is my Valentine.
Funny how they go together…this love and that Love.


I'm just sayin'


1 comment: