Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chester Drawers

Do you ever hear a word and think it's one thing only to find out later that the word you've been using for YEARS isn't the word at all???  That was me!  As a child, putting my clothes away in my chester drawers, was a weekly chore.  It's embarrassing to admit that about 10 years ago, while I was immersed in a book, I ran across this word...chest-of-drawers.  WHAT??  What was that??  Did that just say CHEST-OF-DRAWERS?  Could it be related to CHESTER??

And again...you know the old bedtime prayer:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
Ifishodi before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take Amen

Well, I had another one of those moments at the tender age of 12 when I suddenly realized that "ifishodi" wasn't a word at all...that all along, I was praying "IF I SHOULD DIE"!  I think I stopped saying that prayer after that :)

Back to Chester...here he is before and after the ol' paint sprayer got a hold of him


Before

Slapped a coat of this heavy duty primer on

using my new paint sprayer and air compressor that my daddy gave me as a gift (ok, so I'm weird like that...I LOVE TOOLS!)

lookin good Chester!

There he is!!  Isn't he looking handsome!!  I love the new hardware!  Master bedroom is ALMOST complete!





4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!!! Looks great Mom!!! Now you need to teach me how to use that bad boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, nothing like taking something old you have and making it look new and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Mom you crack me up. I'm so happy Chris gave you the go-ahead to paint that sad little Chester :) He looks great and like a totally different piece! Creative, creative, creative I say!

    ReplyDelete