Friday, February 25, 2011

This I know for Sure...Things Will Change so Persevere

Not only will things change but, in the midst of trials, God GIVES us something...maturity, completeness, character and ultimately HOPE!  Oh, how I love the word HOPE.  It gives us that spark of light within the darkness and allows us to see our way. 

When I lost my brother 5 years ago, it was probably the darkest time in my life.  I have had some really tough times but that one gripped me to the very core.  There were days when I felt like I just couldn't bare the sorrow and pain but God's ever present love surrounded me.  Some days it was just the tiniest of light, others it burned brighter but regardless of the amount...it gave me HOPE.  I still feel the loss (no matter what anyone says...it doesn't get easier you just learn how to cope with it) but I can look back over the last few years and see how God has used such utter sorrow to grow me.  To mature me. To make me more complete.  And to give me HOPE.

  Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt     James 1:2-6

And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us     Romans 5:2-5
.
No matter how bad or good a situation is...it will change!  So, if it's a good situation enjoy it!  If it's a bad situation, hang on tight to the One who is mighty to save!!! 

Happy Friday, my beloveds!

No comments:

Post a Comment