Friday, February 4, 2011

This I Know For Sure

I have designated Friday's to telling you little tidbits (love that word...tidbit) of wisdom I have learned over the years.  Not that I have all the answers, but there are a few things I KNOW FOR SURE!

1.OTHER PEOPLE'S THOUGHTS OF YOU ARE NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

I want you to REALLY read that!  We live in a society that dictates what we should be, how we should look, how we should act etc.  The truth of the matter is this, if you l;ive your life always thinking and acting ways so that it pleases others you miss out on the JOY of just being you.  You see, GOD made you and He knew what He was doing:

  For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful  Ps 139:13-14

Not that it gives us a ticket to go out and say and do whatever we please...not at all.  It's just a little nugget of truth when you find yourself in a situation where you are worried what other people are going to think of you.  Here is an example:  when I teach Flavour on Tuesday nights I have to remind myself of this because I start to feel anxious...and at the root of the anxiousness is the feeling that they won't like me or won't like what I have to say.  But, God is with me.  He has given me words to speak.  I have taught myself to speak the TRUTH of God's Word over the LIES that Satan wants me to believe.  In the teaching situation I speak these scriptures over myself:

The Lord will fight for you.  You need only to be still
Ex 14:14

and

  Moses said to the LORD, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”
  The LORD said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD?  Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”  Ex 4:10-12

And the peace that surpasses all understanding comes over me because I know that the only PERSON whose thoughts of me really matter is God.  And, He crazy about me!

Happy Friday!



1 comment:

  1. So true, Mom. It's always freeing to know that the Lord thinks you're absolutely wonderful JUST the way HE made YOU :)

    ReplyDelete