Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Start of Something New

Ok,  here I am.  After much contemplation (and just plain laziness) I am finally starting my blog!  The name, you ask?  Well, that came about the other morning, when I was chatting with the Lord and contemplating my purpose.  A heavy topic so early in the morning, but He was faithful, as ALWAYS, and  gave me Philippians 3:10

For my determined purpose is that I may know Him...that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly.

Oh, how that spoke to my soul and it sang!  And then I thought...many things make my soul sing.  God's Word, a beautiful flower, my kids, my precious Lyla, things I see to decorate, a delicious recipe...and, the blog name was born!  Unfortunately, someone had THEN Sings my Soul but my trusty (and WWF word savvy) husband came up with NOW and it worked!  Not that anyone is necessarily interested in what makes my heart sing...but, IF you are, you can read it here :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay, Mom!! I can't believe you FINALLY started your blog. I love the blog's name and I can't wait to read what makes your soul sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom this is a great name for your blog, totally perfect for you! I also can't wait to see what makes your soul sing!

    PS. Cute layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! It has been a long time coming but im glad you finally did it! I know this blog will be a powerful outlet for you and many lives will be blessed from reading it! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”- Audrey Hepburn

    Thought is quote was very cute and reminded me of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls for the encouragement!! I love you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete