Monday, January 31, 2011

Searching for Purpose

I wake before the sun and He meets me there.  In the stillness of the house I find rest and peace and closeness.  I write.  I pray.  I sit at the feet of my Savior.  I have searched for "purpose"...asked for it many times and He answers me always the same... "Come sit at my feet.  Be still."  And so I do.  Each day we meet.  Then, one morning He spoke something to me that has changed my life. 

My determined purpose is that I may know Him more, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately aquainted with Him, preceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His person   Philippians 3:10 (Amplified Bible)

And so, as each day begins,  I still arise before the sun.  He meets me there - just as before. I'm no longer searching for purpose because I found it.  My soul is content (twirling really) to just know Him better.
and my soul sings!!







1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, mom. It's so sweet to hear that our Father created His children for the sole purpose to grow deeper in our relationship with Him. The creator of the universe desires YOUR love, a INTIMATE realtionship with YOU, YOUR time, and YOUR adoration. Wow, I'm in complete awe that He desires a sinner like you or me.

    ReplyDelete